Healthcare Coordinator SupervisorTerry Reilly Health Services
The Healthcare Coordinator Supervisor provides direct supervision to the healthcare coordinator team and functions independently and proficiently in all healthcare coordinator responsibilities outlined in the healthcare coordinator job description. The Healthcare Coordinator works under the direct supervision of the Director of Nursing to ensure that the team provides real-time, team-based care navigation, coordination, and communication between the healthcare organization and the patient. This position ensures that all team members receive, process, schedule and complete the tracking protocols on all medical referral requests from assigned care team clinicians, which includes all in-house and outside referrals for diagnostic testing, medical specialists or other providers. This role also oversees the team members as they coordinate care and collaborate with Terry Reilly team members and community healthcare partners to support higher standards of wellness care for our patients through the management of care registries. The Healthcare Coordinator Supervisor also ensures that the team members organize and manage health information data ensuring its quality, accuracy, accessibility, and security in both paper and electronic systems.
· Provide day-to-day direct supervision and coaching for the healthcare coordinator team including hiring, completion of annual performance appraisals, and application of appropriate discipline when warranted in adherence to current corporate policy.
· Direct, facilitate and delegate tasks to healthcare coordinator team members in meeting patient/care team member needs.
· Commit to leadership within Terry Reilly and demonstrate that leadership by understanding and balancing Terry Reilly's organizational goals and needs with those of Terry Reilly's clinicians and staff.
· Coordinate and participate in the receiving and reviewing of all referral requests/orders from care team members for accuracy. Initiate and document the referral tracking process per established Terry Reilly policy.
· Coordinate and participate in the completion of forms for Medicare, Department of Health, Social Services, Insurance and specialty offices as required. Complete Release of Information (ROI) as required.
· Coordinate and ensure that ongoing communication occurs throughout the referral process with the care team/PCP through accurate and timely documentation of referral details/progress in the referral tracking document.
· Coordinate and participate in customer service focused communications, e.g. answer telephones, screen calls, take messages and provide information concerning the referral process.
· Maintain, and ensure all team members maintain, confidentiality, security and physical safety of patient and employee electronic/paper medical records.
· Maintain, and ensure that all team members maintain, a predetermined organized record format, consistent with applicable law. Maintain the content and format of electronic/paper medical records in a uniform manner.
· Coordinate and ensure the quality of medical records by verifying their completeness, accuracy, and proper entry into computer systems.
· Use and coordinate the usage of available computer applications by all team members to retrieve, document, assemble and analyze patient data for the purpose of improving patient care or controlling costs.
· Minimum 3-5 years of experience in referral coordination and/or health information systems.
· Must have at least one year of supervisor experience.
· Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology and abbreviations along with an understanding of patient flow processes.
· Ability to appropriately communicate with irritated or frustrated clients and able to work under stressful conditions.
· Knowledge of and ability to apply established professional customer service concepts, principals and practices.
· Ability to prioritize and execute a variety of tasks simultaneously.
· Ability to work with frequent interruptions.
· Proficient computer skills and experience working with electronic medical records and internet portals.
· Keen organizational and time management skills.
· Ability to read, write and communicate clearly in English and/or Spanish.