Office AssistantUniversity of Idaho
University of Idaho
This position will provide general office support for the Ada County Extension Office. The employee will provide a wide variety of secretarial, receptionist, and support functions. They will apply computer program knowledge and applications in developing and maintaining records, collecting information, and developing, preparing, and producing a wide variety of business documents relating to Extension programs. The employee will answer phones, direct telephone and walk-in clientele to the appropriate facility or program, respond to routine inquiries and explain office services to customers.
• Good working knowledge of office equipment and computer skills.
• Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to produce business documents, presentations, create mail merges, and track data.
• Evidence of strong writing and editing skills to produce professional business correspondence.
• Experience or demonstrated ability to function in an office environment administratively supporting more than one individual.
• Evidence of organizational skill and ability to prioritize and track progress independently.
• Ability to maintain accuracy while performing repetitious tasks; perform detailed work; maintain confidentiality; work cooperatively with others in busy office environment.
• Ability to work professionally with people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
• Knowledge of University of Idaho Extension.
• Possess advanced computer skills such as spreadsheet management, PowerPoint, Publisher, Excel, Word; database experience to enter and retrieve information.
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
• Ability to lift, carry, or otherwise move items up to 25 pounds (chairs, tables, heavy boxes, supplies, etc.)
Posting Number: SP001981P
Posting Date: 10/26/2018
Closing Date: 11/11/2018
Open Until Filled: No
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: https://uidaho.peopleadmin.
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.