Director, Alumni Relations - (STA011802)
Director, Alumni Relations - (STA011802)
Director, Alumni Relations
Department Name: D0069 Advancement & Univ Relations
This position may be eligible for Hybrid Work, working remotely for up to one day per week after the initial 90 days of employment
Salary Range: $80,937/year or higher, commensurate with experience and/or education
The Director, Alumni Relations develops and implements strategies to engage alumni and enhance the effectiveness of their relationship with various internal departments to involve alumni through activities, volunteerism, fundraising, networking, stewardship and engagement.
- Plans, direct and executes alumni activities and programs that support the strategic goals of the University
- Initiates, coordinates and manages activities of the Alumni Council and Alumni Association
- Collaborates with academic units, Student Affairs and other university departments to recruit, organize and deploy alumni volunteers
- Develops and oversees a broad-based communication plan to include email, print, social media and web
- Works with Student Affairs to create and implement programs to engage graduating students as alumni
- Collaborates with development colleagues to increase alumni annual fund support and identify prospects
- Assists with the maintenance of alumni records and interactions via written contact reports
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Direct Reports: Full time employees
Delegation of Work: Regularly assigns work to subordinate(s)
Supervision Given: Has primary responsibility for conducting performance evaluations and making recommendations for hiring and dismissing employees.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the trends, issues, and practices pertaining to higher education
- Organizational and time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituents in a diverse community
WORK LOCATION AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Primary Work Location: Works in an office environment.
Physical Demands: Work is usually performed in a typical, comfortable interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements; may occasionally be required to work in inclement weather conditions. Individual has discretion in relation to sitting (80%) walking (15%), standing (15%) etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks.
Required Education: Bachelor's degree
Required Experience: Minimum of five (5) years of experience in alumni relations, fundraising, community affairs, or constituent relations
License/Certification: Must maintain a valid, current driver's license
- Experience in higher education
- Master's degree
- UHD alumni
About University of Houston Downtown
The second-largest university in Houston, the University of Houston-Downtown (UHD) is a comprehensive, four-year, urban university in the heart of downtown. Led by President Loren J. Blanchard, UHD is a community of diverse faculty, staff, students, and regional partners dedicated to nurturing talent, generating knowledge, and driving socioeconomic mobility for a just and sustainable future.
Since opening its doors in 1974, UHD has grown in size, scope, and service, now offering 46 bachelor’s and 11 master’s degree programs and 17 fully online programs within its four colleges: Marilyn Davies College of Business, College of Humanities & Social Sciences, College of Public Service, and College of Sciences & Technology.
UHD educates approximately 15,000 students annually. With more than 77% of UHD’s students coming directly from Harris County, UHD is not just a university in Houston, but Houston’s University and an Anchor Institution for the region.
UHD is recognized as a Hispanic-Serving Institution, a Minority-Serving Institution, and a Military-Friendly School. While the student population is largely Hispanic at 53% and African-American at 20%, more than 64 countries are represented. Furthermore, UHD has the most affordable tuition among four-year universities in Houston, and its graduates have the lowest student loan debt in the state. Importantly, 70% of UHD freshman students are the first in their families to attend college.
UHD is one of the four distinct and separate components of the University of Houston System, which also includes the University of Houston, University of Houston-Clear Lake, and University of Houston-Victoria. Instructional Sites operated by UHD are University of Houston-Downtown Northwest, University of Houston-Downtown at Lone Star College-Kingwood, and University of Houston-Downtown at Lone Star College-Woodlands.
Quicklink to Apply: https://uhs.taleo.net/careersection/ex3_uhd/jobdetail.ftl?job=STA011802&tz=GMT-06%3A00&tzname=America%2FChicago