Innovation Advancement Coordinator - (Educational Program Coordinator)
The Office of the Vice President for Research (OVPR) seeks an experienced professional to support cutting-edge scientific, innovative, and technological developments and emerging entrepreneurial initiatives across the UConn ecosystem.
Under the umbrella of Technology Commercialization Services (TCS) the Innovation Advancement Coordinator (Educational Program Coordinator, "IAC") will deliver and promote programming to showcase researchers, innovators, entrepreneurs, investors, and industry partners engaged in transforming UConn discoveries into products, companies, and jobs that benefit society and fuel economic development. The ideal candidate for this position should be a self-starter, creative, and accountable.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates the logistical design and execution of program events including scaled meetings, workshops, and seminars for a variety of constituencies.
- Responds promptly and professionally to inquiries from internal and external constituencies regarding program policies, procedures, and requirements, making referrals as appropriate.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the programs delivered and supported by the OVPR, including involvement, participation criteria, support services, and outcomes.
- Assists in the planning and marketing, and staffs in-person and virtual events, inclusive of all logistics and follow-up activities.
- Contributes to strategy development to support initiatives.
- Develops and implements comprehensive communications that may include publishing articles and digital media.
- Write feature articles related to STEM or entrepreneurship.
- Surveys, designs, and manipulates graphical elements and creates presentations for sophisticated audiences.
- Develops high-end PowerPoint decks/marketing materials that can be used for pitch decks by startup companies.
- Updates websites and internet-based media channels for communications.
- Supports the University’s promotional and educational objectives by generating informative articles and content for internal and external publications, requiring excellent writing and editorial skills.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, journalism, media, STEM sciences, or another appropriate field.
- Three to four years of professional experience which includes planning, promoting, and overseeing events, both remotely and in person.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong professional writing skills with examples of successful publication/distribution.
- Demonstrated professional expertise and initiative as evidenced by examples of work product and/or portfolio.
- Ability to absorb information from a variety of interactions and sources and identify and distill key concepts into impactful modes for communication.
- Experience updating and maintaining websites and using social media.
- Experience supporting or promoting programs in an entrepreneurial or startup environment.
- Experience developing and presenting informational material for targeted consumption.
- Experience designing websites.
This is a full-time, permanent position with an excellent benefits package including medical and retirement, as well as employee and dependent tuition waivers at the University of Connecticut. Other rights, terms, and conditions of employment are contained in the collective bargaining agreement between the University of Connecticut and the University of Connecticut Professional Employees Association (UCPEA).
The position requires an in-person presence a minimum of three days a week to facilitate programmatic objectives.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #497830 to upload a resume, cover letter outlining how the requirements of the position are met, contact information for three (3) professional references, and a portfolio containing samples of professional writing, elements of graphic design and evidence of social media and/or promotional activities. Incomplete applications may not be considered.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on September 17, 2023.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics, which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
All members of the University of Connecticut are expected to exhibit appreciation of, and contribute to, an inclusive, respectful, and diverse environment for the University community.
The University of Connecticut aspires to create a community built on collaboration and belonging and has actively sought to create an inclusive culture within the workforce. The success of the University is dependent on the willingness of our diverse employee and student populations to share their rich perspectives and backgrounds in a respectful manner. This makes it essential for each member of our community to feel secure and welcomed and to thoroughly understand and believe that their ideas are respected by all. We strongly respect each individual employee’s unique experiences and perspectives and encourage all members of the community to do the same. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The University of Connecticut is an AA/EEO Employer.