Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati puts education into action, ranking among the nation's best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls "the most ambitious campus design program in the country."
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC's momentum has never been stronger. UC's annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.8 billion.
At UC, today's possibilities spark tomorrow's reality.
Assist with the implementation, coordination, administration and evaluation of various employee benefit plans and programs including the university's retirement plans.
- Resolve complex customer service and concerns and act as a liaison to university and external agents including the university's retirees.
- Assist with implementation, coordination, administration and evaluation of various employee benefit plans and programs including the university's retirement plans.
- Research, analyze and interpret university policies and procedures, benefit and retirement plan provisions and bargaining unit agreements.
- Identify necessary changes in business processes to ensure efficient and accurate workflow and the best utilization of resources and works with HR staff to develop and implement improved processes.
- Utilize HR Systems and vendor systems to verify and update data, prepare reports, conduct audits and analyze data to identify and resolve errors.
- May act as primary contact and premium collection point for retired faculty and staff enrolled in a retiree medical or dental plan.
- Assess department needs, perform analysis and provide recommendations. Prepare and conduct training of benefit and retirement plan information and other human resources-related information as needed.
- Must maintain confidentiality with high level of integrity. Responsible for accurate and timely storage of HR-related documents in accordance with UC's Records Retention Schedule.
- Perform related duties based on departmental need. This job description can be changed at any time.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field.
- Seven (7) years of relevant work experience and/or other specialized training can be used in lieu of education requirement.
Three (3) years of work experience in welfare or pension plan administration.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
Office environment/no specific unusual physical or environmental demands.
Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
Interested candidates, please go to https://bit.ly/3L0eH0E
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.