Senior Transportation Engineer (Meridian, ID)
T-O Engineers is looking for an experienced and versatile transportation professional to help lead planning and engineering design projects for our rapidly growing company. This discipline leader would ideally be located in our southern Idaho region with responsibilities that include business development, project management, client management, and practice building.
The ideal candidate will have experience with traffic operations and measures-of-effectiveness analyses, having coordinated transportation studies/plans, safety analyses, design reports, and multimodal mobility projects. This ideal candidate will have strengths in the design of signals, roundabouts, and intersections. Interpersonal skills are critical as this candidate will coordinate with clients and agencies, present information to citizens and legislative bodies, and mentor a team of junior staff they help acquire and develop. This opportunity and position is ideal for a knowledgeable and competent professional looking to take on a role of increased responsibility and leadership with a highly regarded consulting firm.
“T-O has about the best work-life balance I have seen in the consulting engineering industry— and I have worked with over 1,000 industry firms. T-O’s culture is truly special— great folks, genuine care and respect, and manageable hours all combine to continually enhance T-O’s success.”
Mark Goodale, Principal
Morrissey Goodale LLC— Leading Management Consultant to the AEC Industry
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or related field
- A minimum 10-years of progressive experience working with local agencies, MPOs, and/or state DOT’s
- A licensed professional engineer willing to take ownership of transportation projects in (potentially) any of our seven offices.
- Experience with traffic operations/capacity and microsimulation software’s (Synchro, SIDRA, HCS, and VISSIM)
- Understanding and experience in application of Highway Capacity Manual and Highway Safety Manual methodologies.
- Strong experience in designing and coordinating signal, roundabout, intersection, bicycle/pedestrian, signing and striping design projects.
- Understanding and experience with ITE, MUTCD, and AASHTO guidelines in design application.
- Confidence with public speaking before citizens and legislative bodies.
- (Desired) Professional traffic operations engineer (PTOE) licensure
- (Desired) Experience with travel demand modeling software (TransCAD, VISSUM, or CUBE, in particular)
- (Desired) Experience with developing traffic control plans
- (Desired) Experience with development of transportation funding grants
- Flexible Schedule
- ½ Day Fridays
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401 (K) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Discretionary Profit Sharing
This is a full time position