Caregiver / Direct Support Professional
We’re looking for caring people to join our local team and make a huge difference to someone’s life. You’ll join as part of a service that helps people to live in their own home, as independently as possible.
Simply, you’ll be helping people do things for themselves again.
As you spend time with the people you’re supporting, you’ll work out what they can do for themselves, and help them build their own skills over time. You might guide them with using equipment to help them with their day-to-day life, like cooking, taking medication, or supporting them out in the community, or by offering encouragement and support.
Day to day, you’ll:
- Drive to the homes of the people you’re supporting (we’ll pay mileage rates for your travel)
- Spend time working with them in line with their development plan
- Record the work you’ve done and any progress made
You’ll be supporting people with personal care activities where needed, such as washing, dressing and in the bathroom, so we’ll provide you with PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
Who we’re looking for:
The good news is that you don’t need previous formal care experience to apply, as we’ll give you all the training you’ll need.
You’re a natural communicator, and a caring person by nature. You’ll enjoy building strong relationships with people from all walks of life, working with them over time to give them the support they need.
To be a success, you’ll have:
- Experience of working with people, it could be behind a bar, in a store or even a hotel
- An understanding of a wide range of people, who they are and what they might need
- A car with a valid driving license, in good standing, and proof of insurance
What’s in it for me?
Location: Meridian or Nampa
Salary: $14.00 hrly
Hours: Full-time, Part time and more flexible options are available
You’ll be entitled to our full benefits package, including:
- Paid time off with Holiday pay
- Full compensation/benefits package for employees working 30+ hours/week
- 401(k) with company match
Sevita is a leading provider of home and community-based specialized health care. We believe that everyone deserves to live a full, more independent life. We provide people with quality services and individualized support that leads to growth and independence, regardless of the physical, intellectual, or behavioral challenges they face.
We’ve made this our mission for more than 50 years. And today, our 40,000 team members continue to innovate and enhance care for the 50,000 individuals we serve.
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets.