VP of Finance and Business OperationsRoadys Truck Stops
Roady’s: VP of Finance and Business Operations Job Description
Roady’s Truck Stops | https://roadys.com
Location: Boise area, Idaho
Who we are:
Join Roady's team - Be part of the transportation revolution! Transportation is changing quickly. Between
fuel efficiency, electric vehicles, driver assist technology and many other exciting developments, the way
goods and services move today won't be how they move in 10 years. Roady's is looking to add high quality
team members as we help our customers adapt and thrive through upcoming industry transformation.
A little bit about you:
Have you ever operated a lemonade stand as a child? Tried to start a new business? Are you naturally
business curious? Self Starter? Inquisitive? Enthusiastic? Motivated? Possess an entrepreneurial spirit? Are
you always one step ahead whether in work, school, or life? If any of these qualities sound like you, we’ve
got the position for you at Roadys.
About the role:
● As the VP of Finance and Business Operations, you will work as a right-hand person to the CEO to
drive annual planning, manage quarterly financials, and identify long-term strategy. Your projects
include, but are not limited to, building financial and operational models to understand levers that
drive our business and forecast revenue (FP&A), budgeting, competitive analysis, growth strategy,
investor relations, and vendor management. In addition, our current HR, finance and ops team, will
report to you.
● Planning: As the FP&A leader, you are the key strategist in financial reporting, cost analysis &
quarterly reporting based on key operational metrics used to drive business planning. You own the
long term company model, forecasting top line growth drivers, strategic investing and scenario
modeling. You will work with Product and Marketing leadership to evaluate the impact of growth
programs and product plans in the model. Finally, you will evaluate budgeting and serve as a
steward of capital by identifying opportunities to drive higher returns.
● Reporting: You will provide visibility, governance and timely reporting of financials and key
performance indicators (KPIs). More importantly, you will analyze financial results, synthesizing key
trends and assessing current and future business risk, and communicate to senior management
● Strategy: You will serve as a trusted, strategic partner to our leadership team in the areas of spend,
ROI, operational efficiency, revenue growth, and profitability and help define and develop our 5 year
plan. You will also do various analysis on competitive market and trends, and assist CEO on
fundraising and board meeting preparation.
● Treasury Management: Monitor cash closely and proactively address variances from plan. Ensure
appropriate and controlled cash disbursements. Analyze future cash requirements so that financing
needs are addressed in a timely fashion.
● Team Management: Manage and provide inspiring leadership to team members, nurturing and
developing a team of talented individuals, allowing them to reach peak performance and meet their
career growth aspirations. Lead the team in preparing monthly and quarterly reports including
dashboards, KPIs and business trends to ensure that high quality and insightful materials are
consistently published with best-in-class SLA’s.
● Highly operational leader who can own the full spectrum of Business and Finance responsibilities for
Proprietary & Confidential Page 1
a top-tier SaaS company. Fluency in “SaaS” is required.
● Make the complex look easy; must be a master of just the right amount of Process at the right time
so as to enable growth without creating additional overhead.
● Experience w/ companies that have gone through growth (ideally from $10M to $100M in ARR) and
achieved profitable scale on a firm financial footing.
● Track record with brand name employers on his/her resume establishing credibility with prospective
investors and strategic partners.
● Comes with high intellectual horsepower.
Past experience/skills we’re looking for:
● BA/BS in Finance, Economics, or other course of study
● 5+ years of experience in FP&A and/or Strategic Finance equivalent functions in a B2C company.
You have experiencing identifying and assessing growth drivers of consumer tech companies.
● 3+ years of experience in Management consulting is a plus
● This is more FP&A focused. GAAP experience is not required, although helpful.
● Experience managing teams and leading cross-functional work
● Demonstrated operational efficiency through process improvement & employee training
● High proficiency in Excel - building financial and decision support models
● High proficiency in Google Sheets / Powerpoint
● Experience defining analytical/research projects, analyzing data and generating practical insights
and decision-making recommendations
Full Time & Salary will commensurate with experience.
How can you apply?
If this sounds like your cup of coffee, drop us a line at jobs@Roadys.com with your resume and/or
Linkedin url. If it looks like a good fit, we’ll get back to you.