JOIN OUR TEAM!
(full-time w/ benefits)
Perpetua Resources is seeking an experienced accountant to maintain the general ledger for its US subsidiaries and the corporate office, assist in the monthly cost reporting and quarterly/annual financial reporting processes, oversee the accounts payable and purchasing processes, manage the AP Clerk, and support the Controller and VP IR and Finance as needed on various projects. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced accountant looking to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment for a modern mining company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain general ledger for US subsidiaries of Perpetua Resources, including month-end journal entries and monthly balance sheet reconciliations;
- manage and maintain monthly reconciliation file for Corporate ledger, including journal entry preparation and posting;
- Lead the monthly cost report preparation and support the Controller on other monthly reports, forecast updates, etc;
- Assist in the quarterly financial reporting process by preparing financial statement supporting files and portions of the consolidation file as requested by the Controller;
- Assist in gathering support for the following:
- Interim and annual financial statement audits;
- Interim and annual internal controls testing and audits;
- Annual tax provision preparation;
- Annual CAD and USD tax return preparation and filing; and
- Manage US corporate credit card program and monthly support package to send to Controller prior to payment.
- Manage the accounts payable process for US Subsidiaries and Corporate, including but not limited to:
- Manage AP Clerk on overall invoice process and provide support as needed;
- Ensure proper coding and approval on invoices;
- Process checks and/or ACH batches for payment;
- Filing related tax documentation for or about vendors; and
- Monitor US subsidiary bank accounts and prepare cash calls to CFO when required.
- Manage an appropriate Purchase Order system and implement it all users;
- Manage credit and vendor relationships and contract files; and
- Manage merchandise and supply purchases
Assist public relations team with vendor relations
The Project Accountant will be based at Perpetua’s Donnelly or Boise Office in Idaho. Some travel may be necessary to other locations to include Stibnite and Donnelly.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal, written, presentation, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prepare reports using Microsoft Applications; Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously required
- Work well in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Ability to work under deadlines and adapt quickly to changing business needs
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Degree in Business, Accounting, or another related degree.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in general ledger, accounts payable, payroll, and general finance knowledge.
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and acceptance by Corporate Insurance to drive company cars.
- Experience in the preparation or review of Financial Statements prepared in accordance with US GAAP; and
- Knowledge of the mining industry is preferred
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Generally, work in an office environment but must be able to travel as needed
Please send cover letter and click to apply