Maintenance & Operations SupervisorOregon Department of Corrections
SRCI Maintenance & Operations Supervisor
This job opportunity is with Snake River Correctional Institution in Ontario. This recruitment will be used to establish a list of qualified candidates.
The successful candidate will become part of the Department's management team.
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Physical Plant Manager in the administration and operation of the Physical Plant. The incumbent is responsible for directing and overseeing a variety of skilled or journey level trades people and manual, semiskilled workers in the maintenance, operation and repair of state buildings equipment, and grounds and the constructions of structures. Other responsibilities of this position include planning, assigning and reviewing work of assigned staff, evaluating employee performance and preparing performance appraisals.
Your application materials will be reviewed to verify that you have:
- three years of journey-level trade experience maintaining and repairing buildings, physical plant facilities, or grounds; and
- one additional year as a trades or maintenance supervisor.
- ability to communicate effectively;
- possess strong leadership skills;
- ability to work collaboratively with others in a team setting;
- ability to bring innovative ideas to the daily operations of a 24-hour facility;
- knowledge of preventative maintenance systems.
In the Work Experience section of your online application clearly describe your experience as it relates to these minimum and special qualifications. Be sure you demonstrate that you have obtained any skills or attributes requested or required by the employer through education, work experience (including military) or by showing that you have transferable skills (i.e., skills obtained through military education or experience) that substantially relate to this position.
Failure to provide this information may result in eliminating your application from further consideration . A resume will not substitute for completing the work experience section of your application.
Qualified applicants whose background most closely matches the needs of the position will be invited to interview