Food Services ManagerOregon Department of Corrections
SRCI Food Services Manager
Are you a natural leader? Do you enjoy delivering a high quality product and have experience in a fast-paced environment? If you answered yes to these questions, you need to apply to this exciting employment opportunity for a Principal Executive/Manager D, Food Services Manager, with the Oregon Department of Corrections, at the Snake River Correctional Institution in Ontario. This recruitment will be used to establish a list of interested applicants.The successful candidate will become part of the Department's management team.
The incumbent is responsible for managing the Food Services Section, which includes, but is not limited to, all aspects of planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, monitoring and controlling the operational functions at the medium custody complex and minimum custody unit that make up Snake River Correctional Institution.
For the full list of specific duties and working conditions, click the position description below:
Your application materials will be reviewed to verify that you have:
- six years' experience in supervision, staff-technical, or professional-level work related to food service. Two years of this experience must have included supervision and management of a program, section or unit which included: a) development of program rules and policies, b) development of long and short-range goals and plans, c) program evaluation, and d) budget preparation.
A Bachelor's degree or equivalent course work (144 quarter or 96 semester hours) in a field related to management, such as Business or Public Administration, or a field related to food service, may be substituted for three years of the required experience, but will not substitute for the two years of specialized experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Possess strong leadership skills
- Work collaboratively with others in a team setting
- Bring innovative ideas to the daily operations of a 24-hour facility
- Have a broad knowledge of the food services industry
In the Work Experience section of your online application clearly describe your experience as it relates to the minimum and special qualifications, requested skills, and/or desired attributes. Be sure you demonstrate that you have obtained any skills or attributes requested or required by the employer through education, work experience (including military) or by showing that you have transferable skills (i.e., skills obtained through military education or experience) that substantially relate to this position.
Failure to provide this information may result in eliminating your application from further consideration . A resume will not substitute for completing the work experience section of your application.
Qualified applicants whose background most closely matches the needs of the position will be invited to interview.