UNIX System Administrator
FINANCIAL INFO SVCS AGENCY
Job Posting Notice
# of Positions
Business Title UNIX System Administrator
Civil Service Title SENIOR IT ARCHITECT
Title Code No 95711 Level 00
Title Classification Non-Competitive
Proposed Salary Range $100,000.00 - $145,000.00 (Annual)
Work Location 5 Manhattan West
Division/Work Unit Ops/FS/Tech Svc/OS & App Admin
As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered city employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by the hiring agency.
Under minimal supervision, work with mid and upper level management team at FISA as senior level Unix System Administrator, specifically with both AIX and Red Hat Linux systems. The Unix System Administrator will be responsible for supporting all infrastructure hardware and software critical Citywide functions, specifically the City of New York Financial Management application system environment. The candidate will assist in the design and configuration of HP X86 systems and IBM POWER servers. This individual will perform tasks such as building and configuring virtual machines on both IBM PowerVM and VMware technology, managing system resources, patching, upgrading, monitoring, performance tuning and problem determination/resolution for FMS3 and Single Sign On system environment. This individual will also need to participate in the on call rotation, and able to work at night or weekends when necessary.
Minimum Qual Requirements
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in computer science, information systems, engineering, mathematics or related field and six years of satisfactory full-time experience related to enterprise architecture, solutions architecture, network architecture and/or IT infrastructure systems; or
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and ten years of satisfactory full-time experience related to enterprise architecture, solutions architecture, network architecture and/or IT infrastructure systems; or
- Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" or "2"
- Extensive years of experience in AIX specifically version 2
- Extensive years of experience in managing VIOS specifically version 1.2.10 or higher
- Extensive years of experience in Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 9 or greater.
- Extensive years of experience in managing Hardware Management Console (HMC) version 9 or
- Strong knowledge of IBM Power 9
- Strong knowledge of IBM Power HA version 2.5.
- Strong knowledge of Server virtualization, micro partitioning, VMware, Dynamic LPAR, NPIV, SEA, LPM and
- Strong Shell and Perl scripting
- Strong knowledge of Application Systems Disaster
- Strong knowledge in performance analysis and tuning, capacity planning of RedHat and
- Knowledge of IBM Spectrum Scale (GPFS)
- Knowledge in LDAP technology utilizing IBM Directory Server
- Knowledge in SSL/TLS 2 keys implementation.
- Knowledge in Network Etherchannel and IEEE 3ad technology.
- Ability to provision, configure, operate and maintain
- Ability to perform OS upgrades and patch
- Ability to perform and maintain weekly AIX system backup and tape backup for disaster
- Knowledge of Oracle RAC Architecture, configuration and
- Experience with Symantec NetBackup and the support backup and recovery for day-to-day operations and Disaster Recovery. VMware NetBackup implementation experiences a plus.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as BMC
- Provide support for Windows 2019
- Ability to plan and prioritize work and meet project
- Must be self-motivated and work well with other
- Excellent analytical and problem solving
- Working with an enterprise wide, large scale matrix
- Ability to work night and/or weekends when
- Knowledge in WebSphere Application Server v9, IBM UDB v11, VMware ESXi v7 is preferred but not
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational
The City of New York offers a comprehensive set of benefits and programs to employees, including health insurance, pension plan, Deferred Compensation Plan (with 457, 401K and Roth IRA options), pre-tax Commuter Benefit program, pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts programs and more. Additional benefits such as prescription drug coverage, dental benefits, vision care benefits and more are also available through District Council 37 – Local 2627, the union that represents employees in this title.
External applicants please visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ to apply to Job ID #: 533196. Current NYC employees may apply via Employee Self Service (ESS). While all complete applications will be given consideration, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by FISA-OPA.
35 hours weekly/Day shift - with nights and weekends, when necessary.
New York City Residency is not required for this position
POSTING DATE 05/23/2022 POST UNTIL Until Filled
The City of New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.