Digital Sales ExecutiveMcClatchy
The Digital Sales Executive is responsible for driving new sales, maintaining current accounts and revenue by upselling, cross selling and provide outstanding customer service. Strong prospecting skills and the ability to understand each business’s unique needs to present the right solution to drive ROI for the client are a must. This position requires the ability to think more as a marketing consultant, we have a large suite of marketing solutions available and performing a needs analysis and listening to the customer is critical for your success. We are looking for experienced sales people with a marketing and/or technical background who are ready and excited to join our award winning sales team!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compile and assess market and advertiser research to identify and qualify prospects.
- Achieve revenue goals by developing and servicing existing, new and inactive accounts; maintaining awareness of local competitive conditions, and improving market share*
- Create proposals after gaining a complete understanding of the client’s needs through a customer needs analysis.
- Anticipate trends, situations or changing market conditions and take appropriate action on a timely basis.
- Obtain pertinent information concerning prospects’ past and current advertising, as well as future plans/budgets for use in sales presentations.
- Contact and visit prospects regularly to point out advantages of advertising in print and online, while serving as a consultant to them and source of field intelligence of conditions that affect their business.
- Prospect daily through phone calls, emails and in-person visits to potential advertisers to ensure attainment of revenue goals.
- Maintain an organized lead list and follow up appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Inform advertisers of advertising rates, current distribution figures, demographic, economic and market data, advantages of contracts and company policies.
- Assist advertisers in planning advertising strategy, layouts, schedules, budgets, and copy.
- Process ad orders and related written correspondence prior to associated deadlines and with accuracy.
- Meet performance standards on consistent basis.
- Be able to comfortably use technology in daily work activities.
- Be diligent to avoid billing errors and correct them quickly when they do occur, communicating with your supervisor.
- Respond to complaints or requests or refer them to appropriate department within 24 hours.
- Attend weekly sales meetings and one-on-one meetings with your supervisor and participate in department training sessions.
- Attend monthly goal-setting meetings. Be able to articulate what has impacted accounts’ activity in the current period.
- Anticipate changes and react productively when change occurs.
- Adhere to all company and departmental safety policies and procedures.
At least one (1) year of sales and marketing experience with emphasis on personal contact and presentation selling with specific proposals.
Formal sales training preferred.
Two (2) year degree in advertising, marketing or business administration, or related experience and training.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
Valid Idaho driver's license and acceptable driving record.
- Professional business communication skills, time management, proposal writing, strong interpersonal skills, math skills, selling and presentation skills, and the ability to effectively meet daily deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Negotiating skills, influencing and persuading others.
- Attention to detail.
- Commitment to customer service.