Digital Field Manager
Posted on March 14, 2018
The Digital Field Manager is responsible for driving new business acquisitions as well as digital and overall revenue growth within their sales team through coaching and training. While new business is the focus of this position, the Digital Field Manager will manage churn by retaining existing accounts through creative and comprehensive proposals that influence account growth.
The Digital Field Manager must have strong digital acumen and be able to identify areas of digital opportunity with current and prospective clients. These areas of opportunity will include search presence both paid and organically, website design and quality, all targeted display tactics, social media presence and management, as well as competitive analysis of current digital marketing efforts through google analytics and other tools. Clients must see the Digital Field Manager as the expert for their account and the Idaho Statesman.
The Digital Field Manager will work closely with the Advertising Director and Digital/Strategic Senior Manager to cultivate a digital-first sales force that follows McClatchy’s sales process and fully utilizes all sales tools, including the Sales Opportunity Pipeline, solutions board, and AdMall. This position is also responsible for training, leading and retaining a sales team of multi media advertising sales consultants responsible for cultivating client relationships through their ability to understand their marketing and business objectives.
The Digital Field Manager’s focus is on strategic business development with small and medium sized businesses and retention of existing accounts.
- Supervise the Advertising Sales Team
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in sales, advertising operations or service.
- Strong digital acumen including search presence both paid and organically, website design and quality, all targeted display tactics, social media presence and management, as well as competitive analysis of current digital marketing efforts through google analytics and other tools.
- Experience in a fast-paced office environment is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications or related field, or
- Equivalent experience through work in marketing, sales or service.
- Two (2) to five (5) years of sales management experience, preferably in advertising field.
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proven success in your sales ability and demonstrable full knowledge of the sales process.
- Proven ability to adapt to change and maintain productivity.
- Proven knowledge of and experience in digital advertising sales.
- Strong negotiating skills, influencing and persuading others.
- Capable of hands on problem-solving, with ability to generate ideas and solutions.
- Ability to collaborate with other departments and support teams.
- Strong communication skills in all forms including written, oral, email, telephone, and presentation.
- Proven ability to present a professional and polished image for the company exhibited through dress, speech, behavior, action and communication.
- A positive and determined approach to researching and analyzing new business opportunities.
- Ability to cope with competing demands and to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- A positive attitude to dealing with people.
- Highly ethical and confidential; willing to take responsibility for customer’s financial information.