Digital Publications Processor (CL-4)
Position Title: Digital Publications Processor (CL-4)
Department/School: Information Technology
Salary/Pay Rate: $18.53/hour - $19.46/hour
Marist College invites applications for the position of Digital Publications Processor (CL-4) within the Information Technology department. The Digital Publications Processor (CL-4) serves as a member of the Information Technology team, providing specialized support to self-serve, file-to-print customers. Perform technical operations and support functions related to the publication, creation, and reproduction of various projects and documents for the Marist community.
The ideal candidate should be a High School Graduate, possess 1-3 years progressively responsible secretarial/clerical work or any combination of training, experience and have an education sufficient to indicate an ability to do the work.
- 1B-Intermediate Reception/Response
- Consistently demonstrates ability to provide routine responses and basic information from inquiries (telephone, e-mail, or in-person) with minimal guidance. Directs visitors as needed
- 6B-Intermediate Office Organization Consistently demonstrates ability to manage operational aspects of the office with minimal to no supervision, including time management, information distribution, and project deadlines. Consistently demonstrates ability to file documents and student records using standard filing procedures as well as a familiarity with retention policies
- 13C-Advanced Presentation (Software) Effectively demonstrates advanced knowledge of supported presentation software used in department. Consistently demonstrates accuracy and ability to tutor others
- 15B-Intermediate Interpersonal Communication
- Consistently demonstrates courtesy, tact and professionalism, as well as sensitivity to the concerns or interests of others in conveying information. Demonstrates patience and the ability to handle difficult people
- 17A-Basic Responsibility Consistently demonstrates ability to prioritize, coordinate and complete (start to finish) basic work assignments, with either assistance or instruction, such as supervising student workers
- 18B-Intermediate Organizational Knowledge
- Consistently demonstrates significant comprehensive knowledge of department and majority of the College
- 23A-Basic Equipment Knowledge Consistently demonstrates working knowledge of equipment and the ability
- Provide quality publications service and effective solutions to all customers
- Complete job design and layout, as well as image capture and manipulation
- Input customer work to output devices and consistently monitor job progress
- Offer technical advice and assistance to customers, over the phone and in person, concerning DPC capabilities, cost, etc
- Check software integration and compatibility
- Maintain inventory of paper and supplies
- Collaborate with coworkers to hire, supervise and assign tasks to student workers
- Operate and maintain DPC equipment for all production
- Perform tasks such as spiral binding, equipment maintenance, etc.
- Assist user with self service copy machine
- Send, receive and distribute faxes for campus offices
- Department Digital Publication Center Summary
- Track, maintain and collect payments from all customers
- Work closely with the entire college community
- Consistently demonstrate courtesy, tact, professionalism, the ability to handle difficult people, and strong customer service skills
- Perform other job-related duties as required
Required Application Documents:
Resume, Cover Letter, & Contact Information of 3 Professional References
About the Department/School:
As a leader in educational applications of technology, Information Technology (IT) offers students, faculty, and staff access to advanced technologies to help promote a strong sense of community. A distinguishing feature of the Marist education is the manner in which information technology is used in support of teaching, learning, and scholarship. This environment creates a strong applied research culture and includes Marist students as young paraprofessionals, which makes Marist unique within higher education.
Marist IT staff come from diverse career and educational backgrounds. Our community of technologists collaborate to support a commitment to excellence with 80 staff members within 15 departments, more than 200 student paraprofessionals, and a 24/7/365 operation. Effort, talent, and commitment are rewarded and recognized within the division both internally by leadership, and externally through numerous industry accolades and awards. No two days are ever the same while working in IT. With our focus on open-source technology and innovation, we are committed to finding more effective and practical ways to use technology to meet institutional goals.
We are looking for excellence, attention to detail, strong ownership of one’s work, and exceptional problem solving and project management skills. If you are a critical thinker with the ability to solve problems independently and as part of a hard-working team, we welcome your application for the Digital Publications Processor position.
About Marist College:
Located on the banks of the historic Hudson River and at its Florence, Italy campus, Marist College is a comprehensive, independent institution grounded in the liberal arts. Its mission is to “help students develop the intellect, character, and skills required for enlightened, ethical, and productive lives in the global community of the 21st century.” Marist educates approximately 5,000 traditional-age undergraduate students and 1,200 adult and graduate students in 53 undergraduate majors and numerous graduate programs, including fully online MBA, MPA, MS, and MA degrees, and also Doctor of Physical Therapy and Physician Assistant programs. Marist is consistently ranked among the best colleges and universities in America by The Princeton Review (Colleges That Create Futures and The Best 386 Colleges), U.S. News & World Report (3rd Most Innovative School/North), Kiplinger’s Personal Finance (“Best College Values”), and others. Marist’s study abroad program is ranked #2 in the nation by the U.S. State Department’s “Open Doors Report” and has also received the Senator Paul Simon Award for First Year Abroad programs in Italy and Ireland. Marist’s Joint Study partnership with IBM, which began in 1988, has brought the College the kind of world-class technology platform typically found at leading research institutions. To learn more, please visit https://www.marist.edu/about
Equal Employment Statement:
Marist College is committed to creating a diverse workforce on our campus by ensuring that barriers to equal employment opportunity and upward mobility do not exist here. To this end, the College will strive to achieve the full and fair participation of minorities, women, people with disabilities, and any other protected groups found to be under represented.
Equal opportunity means employment, development, and promotion of individuals without consideration of race, color, disability, religion, age, sex, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, or veteran status unless there is a bona fide occupational requirement which excludes persons in one of these protected groups. The College will review its employment policies and procedures to ensure that barriers which may unnecessarily exclude protected groups are identified and eliminated. The College will also explore alternative approaches if any policy or practice is found to have a negative impact on protected groups.
Marist's policy of non-discrimination includes not only employment practices but also extends to all services and programs provided by the College. It shall be considered a violation of College policy for any member of the community to discriminate against any individual or group with respect to employment or attendance at Marist College on the basis of race, color, disability, religion, age, sex, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other condition established by law.
Quicklink to apply: https://careers.marist.edu/cw/en-us/job/493507?lApplicationSubSourceID=