Project Manager, Planning, Design and Construction (1687)Idaho State University
Project Manager, Planning, Design and Construction (1687)
Posting Number: req700
Facilities Services Admin
Pocatello - Main
To plan and coordinate construction-project development; review construction project plans and specifications for technical content and accuracy; perform project management responsibilities; perform related work.
- Liaison between the State Division of Public Works project managers, Idaho State University personnel, outside architects/engineers and contractors to ensure our projects meet the needs of ISU faculty, staff, and students.
- Review and dissemination of project documents, specifications, and information during the pre-design and construction phases of new campus buildings and remodels.
- Warranty period activities and communication with building users and contractors to get the building(s) functioning correctly and addressing deficiencies during the first year start-up period.
- Meetings involving ISU staff, project architects, engineers, and contractors during the design phase of new buildings and remodels on campus to make sure campus standards are met and that the new project will be connected with our campus systems and communities for a seamless move-in to the spaces.
- Determine furnishings, fixtures, layouts and equipment, monitor budgets, and provide planning for new and remodel projects.
- Cost estimating and pre-design sketches and drawings for new buildings and remodels in the pre-design and planning stage.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Related Field (In lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree, a minimum eight years combined education, training, and experience may be considered).
- Three years minimum progressively responsible experience in project management with projects exceeding $500,000.
- Capable of producing cost estimates, construction documents, and providing document review.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to use MS Office, AutoCAD, and Project Management software.
- Knowledge of current building codes, building control systems, & construction principles.
- Ability to administer contracts through all phases of design and construction.
- Ability to recommend action for resolving or reconciling multiple variables and constraints based on analysis of relevant facts.
- Licensed as an Architect, or Professional Engineer.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture or Engineering.
- Master's degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management.
- Related project management experience in a university setting.
Please submit the following documents with your application:
Cover letter, Resume, and a list of three (3) professional references with contact information.
Priority consideration will be given to applications received by November 26, 2018. However, the position will remain open until filled. The approved salary range is $57,000 - 60,000 annually, commensurate with education and experience. Includes a competitive benefits package. Offers of employment may be conditional pending successful completion of a background investigation.
Idaho State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.