Maintenance & Operations ManagerIdaho State University
Maintenance & Operations Manager, Facilities Services (2160)
Posting Number: req561
12 Month Full-Time
Finance and Administration
Pocatello - Main
Idaho State University is seeking a distinctively qualified individual to join Facilities Services in caring for and enhancing the learning, teaching, and business environment at ISU in Pocatello, Idaho in support of the University’s mission and vision and core themes. The person selected will be an outstanding leader, and will have a deep background in: facilities maintenance in a multifaceted organization, budget management, reporting and analysis, OSHA-compliant safety programs, hazardous waste building materials management and response, use and operation of CMMS and office software programs; a strong commitment to customer service, a commitment to develop and mentor staff under their care, have well-developed interpersonal skills, is able to communicate respectfully with people at all levels of educational background and professional expertise, has deep appreciation for and proven success in collaborative and cooperative working environments, and has proven success in teamwork across all levels of a complex organization. Reporting to the Director of Facilities Operations, the Maintenance and Operations Manager serves as a vital member of the Facilities Leadership team in overseeing the daily upkeep, care, and use of the resources devoted to 3.1M sqft of academic space at Idaho State University. The Maintenance and Operations Manager will be responsible for the leadership of licensed trades personnel, skilled craftspeople, and support staff dedicated to the management, operation, and repair of the Central Heat Plant, the HVAC systems and JCI and Automated Logic controls systems, the electrical systems and infrastructure, plumbing systems, the Lockshop, the Zone Maintenance Team, and the in-house remodel team. The Maintenance and Operations Manager is responsible for a $4.1M operating budget, 37 FTE, and 12+ part time and student employees.
• Leads and coordinates supervisors and personnel of the maintenance departments 15%
• Plans for and makes budget decisions and tracks expenditures for the M&O department 15%
• Ensures complete and accurate reporting to the Operations Director 10%
• Works continuously to improve campus buildings and systems 20%
• Directs and ensures safety measures for the campus 10%
• Enhances department morale, develops personnel, leads teamwork, mentors, and leads staff in engagement 15%
• Other duties as assigned 15%
• BA or BS degree in Facilities Management, Construction Management, Engineering Management or related field, and five (5) years experience in the facilities management and maintenance industry, three (3) of which must be in a progressive leadership role within an environment similar to ISU. In lieu of degree ten (10) years progressive leadership experience in an environment similar to ISU.
• Prior budget responsibility = > $1M annually
• Five (5) years experience directly supervising 10 or more FTE
• Excellent communication and writing skills
• Experience managing OSHA-compliant safety programs
• Strong technical skills is MS Office and facilities management software
• Strong commitment to customer service and a respectful workplace
• Proven success in team building and working in a team environment
• BA or BS degree in Facilities Management, Construction Management, Engineering Management or related field, and 12 years experience in facilities management maintenance industry, 10 of which must be in a progressive staff leadership role within an environment similar to Idaho State University. In lieu of a degree 15 years progressive leadership experience in an environment similar to ISU.
• Prior budget responsibility = > $5M annually
• Ten (10) years experience directly supervising 25 or more FTE
• Ten (10) years experience managing facilities in Higher Education or similar complex working environment
• Hazardous materials management background
Please submit the following documents with your application:
Cover Letter, Resume, and three (3) professional letters of reference with contact information.
Priority consideration will be given to applications received by November 20, 2017. However, the position will remain open until filled. The approved salary range is $62,000 - $68,000, commensurate with education and experience. Includes a competitive benefits package. Offers of employment may be conditional pending successful completion of a background investigation.