Instructor, Automotive Technology (7534)Idaho State University
Instructor, Automotive Technology (7534)
Posting Number: req670
Faculty Non-Tenure Track
College of Technology
Pocatello - Main
Instructor must be capable of teaching classroom lectures and hands on demonstrations in lab. Must be capable of keeping students safe in live work or hands on training situations.
- Provides a safe working environment.
- Prepares technically sound lesson plans.
- Delivers instruction IAW ASE guidance in areas 1-8.
- Conducts safe "hands-on" lab activities.
- Maintains accurate grades, keeps attendance, and insures students are on task in the lab.
- Insures tools are accounted for, maintained, and kept in calibration if necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in a closely related field and three (3) years of work experience or eight (8) years gainful, documented work experience in the Automotive field.
- Must be certifiable through Idaho Dept. of Career Technical Education (https://cte.idaho.gov/educators/certifications/)
- Teaching experience at a secondary or post-secondary level.
- Experience with modern hybrid, autonomous, electric, or alternative fuel vehicles.
Apply online at https://isu.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=670
Please submit the following documents with your application:
Submit a letter of introduction; resume; and a list of names with contact information for three (3) professional references.
Priority consideration will be given to applications received by September 13, 2018. However, the position will remain open until filled. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Includes a competitive benefits package. Offers of employment may be conditional pending successful completion of a background investigation.
Idaho State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We have an institution-wide commitment to inclusion and diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Veterans' preference. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.