Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations
Director, Corporate and Foundation Relations (1527)
Posting Number: req1213
Working 12 months per year
Pocatello - Main
Primary Function of Position
The Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations serves as a front-line engagement officer and fundraiser in Idaho State University's University Advancement Division, reporting to the Executive Director of Development. The Director develops and executes a strategic cultivation and solicitation plan to raise philanthropic revenue from local, regional, and national business leaders, corporations, and foundations to support Idaho State University’s priorities. In addition, the Director will provide support for Idaho State University’s Business Engagement and Workforce Alignment Initiative.
Corporate & Foundation Relations: The Director provides expertise to advance the University’s interests by researching and identifying sources of support and proactively seeking opportunities to generate new proposals based on corporate and foundation guidelines and interest.
Business Engagement and Workforce Alignment Initiative: The Director, in collaboration with the Vice President for University Advancement, Deans, and faculty, develops and maintains strong connections and communication ties with local CEOs and ISU alumni executives to align Idaho State University’s academic and experiential learning opportunities with interests of Idaho businesses, looking for opportunities for synergy and collaboration.
This position is responsible for all corporate and foundation fundraising as well as providing support for the ISU Business Engagement and Workforce Alignment Initiative. The position will be located in Pocatello, Idaho, and requires a travel commitment of approximately 10% - 25%.
1. Provide leadership in developing and implementing a strategic plan, with measurable goals, for corporate and foundation relation’s programs that support all funding priorities of the University.
2. Identify, cultivate, solicit and sustain long-term strategic relationships with corporations and foundations.
3. Maintain a prospect tracking system within Raiser’s Edge to organize the cultivation and solicitation of corporate and foundation prospects.
4. Develop and write proposals that articulate the university’s mission and present the case for private support.
5. Develop and write letters, stewardship reports and other documentation as needed and requested.
6. Work closely with key administrators and faculty members as appropriate to achieve the goals through corporate and foundation support.
7. In collaboration with Advancement Services team members, manage an effective system for gift recording, donor acknowledgement, grant reporting and stewardship.
8. Coordinate and assist with corporate and foundation site visits and other cultivation or stewardship events.
9. Perform other related duties as assigned: The successful candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills; have strong attention to detail; be goal and results-oriented; self-motivated; and possess the ability to make independent decisions. The incumbent must be a collaborative and team-oriented individual; demonstrate sound judgment when dealing with a wide range of relationships and situations; possess the ability to maintain enthusiasm for hard work, changing priorities, and multiple deadlines; and have the ability to interact well with a diverse community of faculty, students, and constituents.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in an appropriate discipline and at least three (3) years of experience in fundraising from foundations and experience in corporate or industry settings.
Advanced degree in a relevant field with at least five (5) years of successful experience in corporate and foundation relations, with some experience in higher education fundraising.
Please submit the following documents with your application:
CV/Resume, cover letter, and a list of three (3) professional references with contact information.
Position will remain open until filled, however, priority consideration will be given to applications received by May 7, 2021. Salary has been approved from $85,000 to $95,000 annually, commensurate with education and experience. Includes a competitive benefits package. Offers of employment may be conditional pending successful completion of a background investigation.