Bakery Maintenance Engineer-Nampa
Employment Status: Regular Full Time
Pay Rate (this will be visible to candidates if filled in): up to $24.00/hr
LOCATION: NAMPA BAKERY
Qualified applicants can earn up to $24.00 per hour for demonstrated skills.
JOB SUMMARY: Bakery Maintenance Engineers will perform required repairs and maintenance tasks as assigned in an orderly, timely, and cost conscious manner on a variety of bakery production equipment, freezers, and/or facilities.
SHIFT & HOURS: The bakery is a 24 hour a day 7 days a week operation. Day shift is 7 am to 3 pm. Swing shift is 3 pm to 11 pm. Night shift is 11pm to 7 am.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt position
- Responsible for preventive maintenance, diagnosis and repair of all pieces of equipment within the bakery including: production equipment; building and facility grounds.
- Responsible for maintaining the equipment’s productivity to minimize downtime or malfunctions. Some tasks are required to be performed within rigid time frames to maximize baked goods productivity.
- Ensures all work areas are clean and safe.
- Follows company GMP’s.
- Works in a safe and efficient manner and in compliance with federal and state requirements at all times.
- Maintains accurate and timely records of work performed on work orders, maintenance calls, and preventative maintenance reports.
- Responds to maintenance and line stoppage calls with a sense of urgency and ownership.
- Provides emergency repairs quickly and efficiently.
- Performs duties in all areas within maintenance department.
- Provides technical assistance and information to Chief Engineer, as needed.
- Displays initiative in recognizing work to be accomplished and makes recommendations to Chief Engineer.
- Additional duties and/or responsibilities as assigned
- High school graduate or GED required.
- Industrial electrical experience is required.
- Inverter and PLC programming preferred.
- Previous experience in similar maintenance of production line equipment and facilities at a large commercial or artisan bakery is preferred.
- Work experience in other similar equipment maintenance of industrial, manufacturing or production-line equipment preferred.
- Ability to work in a high temperature environment supporting fast paced machinery.
- Ability to quickly learn new job tasks and flexibility to work in different jobs as needed.
- Must be able to work any day, including holidays, or any shift.
- Must have reliable attendance to meet employer’s attendance standards for 24/7 production facility.
- Adherence to company core values.
US Bakery is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity