Temp Simulation Program Coordinator (530998)
Temp Simulation Program Coordinator
Florida International University is a top public university that drives real talent and innovation in Miami and globally. Very high research (R1) activity and high social mobility come together at FIU to uplift and accelerate learner success in a global city by focusing in the areas of environment, health, innovation, and justice. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers. FIU serves a diverse student body of more than 56,000 and 290,000 Panther alumni. U.S. News and World Report places dozens of FIU programs among the best in the nation, including international business at No. 2. Washington Monthly Magazine ranks FIU among the top 20 public universities contributing to the public good.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Temp Simulation Program Coordinator to join their team of professionals.
· Coordinates Clinical Skills Capstone courses and SUB I OSCE, including scheduling, keeping track of events, assigning faculty per session, and faculty needs per session. Prepares course sessions, which may include setting up computers, preparing handouts and necessary equipment, and grouping students. Organizes, tracks, and maintains an electronic repository of all curricular materials. Ensures receipt of adequately completed evaluation forms and assignments. Ensures completion of and maintenance of grade book. Provides currency of course website materials and announcements, including the syllabus—tracks remediation of absences, missing assignments, and other student issues.
· Provides logistics coordination for student Interest groups. Schedules activities, track events, and communicates effectively with students and faculty. Makes reservations for meeting locations and coordinates any necessary equipment.
· Coordinates scheduling of sessions and preparing training for the Ultrasound Technologist (Per Diem) Pool. Assists with recruiting and hiring.
· Coordinates administrative functions and provides administrative support to the Director of Albert and Debbie Tano Medical Simulation Center. Assists with set up and breakdown of simulation activities.
· Coordinates clerkship sessions and assists with End of Third Year OSCE logistics and coordination. Assists with simulation/events requests.
· Establishes and maintains close contact with University departments to ensure coordination of effort and exchange of information. Facilitates the workflow for the department and provides follow-up on pending actions.
· Coordinates simulation sessions for MPAS, including set up and breakdown of simulation equipment, logistics of student and faculty groupings, preparation of other necessary simulation-related materials, event tracking, and billing.
· Assists with the set logistics and operations of other Simulation Centers activities, including Tours and other events as needed.
· Performs essential duties in any emergencies such as hurricanes, public health emergencies, and/or any other university emergency closing.
· Bachelor's degree and (2) years of office or related experience.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID 530998.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access, Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.