Fine Arts Production Specialist - 528919
Florida International University is a top public university that drives real talent and innovation in Miami and globally. Very high research (R1) activity and high social mobility come together at FIU to uplift and accelerate learner success in a global city by focusing in the areas of environment, health, innovation, and justice. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers. FIU serves a diverse student body of more than 56,000 and 290,000 Panther alumni. U.S. News and World Report places dozens of FIU programs among the best in the nation, including international business at No. 2. Washington Monthly Magazine ranks FIU among the top 20 public universities contributing to the public good.
Fine Arts Production Specialist - 528919
Assists the Technical Director supports the Technical Director in drafting and overseeing construction and load-in and strikes of scenery, props, lights, and sound equipment for all productions and assists with supervision of students with emphasis on safety encompassing all aspects of stagecraft and tech. Serves as Theatre Production safety officer.
- Works with the Head of Design and Technical director. Assists students in all aspects of construction, maintenance and operation of sets, lights, and sound for theatrical productions.
- Supervises Scene Shop and Tech lab sections encompassing all aspects of stagecraft; includes hands on instruction and practice in the use of tools, both power and hand, theatrical engineering, drafting, rigging, carpentry, theatre sound, theatre lighting prop making, welding, cost analysis and the overall technical coordination of a production.
- Serves as safety officer for Theatre Production. Serves as liaison to Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) or other departments of the University as necessary for the safe and proper maintenance of university property. Ensures compliance of all spaces with fire and life safety requirements.
- Instructs, demonstrates as necessary, and supervises students in the operation of scenery, sound and other backstage aspects necessary in running a production.
- Provides technical staff supervision during weekend technical rehearsals and performances as needed. Maintains all technical theatre equipment of the Department of Theatre. Advises supervisor of technical needs of the theatre program and assists in specifying and procuring needed equipment and supplies.
- High school diploma and six years of experience or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Theatre.
- Prior technical or professional theatre experience.
- Ability to provide support to a culturally diverse student population.
Job Category: Staff
Advertised Salary: $37,000 - $39,000
- Begin time: 10:00 AM
- End time: 6:30 PM
- Operating University Vehicles (all types)
- Criminal Background Check
- Driver's License Check
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
For further information or to apply, please visit http://careers.fiu.edu and reference Job Opening ID # 528919
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the University Police department at Florida International University provides information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three (3) calendar years. The FIU Annual Security report is available online at: https://police.fiu.edu/download/annual-security-fire-safety-report/.
To obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the FIU Police Department located at 885 SW 109th Avenue, Miami, FL, 33199 (PG5 Market Station).
Florida International University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.