Data Solutions Architect
Data Solutions Architect
Florida International University is a top public university that drives real talent and innovation in Miami and globally. Very high research (R1) activity and high social mobility come together at FIU to uplift and accelerate learner success in a global city by focusing in the areas of environment, health, innovation, and justice. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers. FIU serves a diverse student body of more than 56,000 and 290,000 Panther alumni. U.S. News and World Report places dozens of FIU programs among the best in the nation, including international business at No. 2. Washington Monthly Magazine ranks FIU among the top 20 public universities contributing to the public good.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Data Solutions Architect to join our team of professionals.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive IT knowledge management infrastructure and strategy aligned with the organization's goals and objectives. Assess and optimize the IT systems and infrastructure required to support knowledge management initiatives effectively. Design and manage training components.
- Identify IT opportunities for leveraging knowledge assets to improve operational efficiency, enhance service delivery, and drive innovation.
- Collaborate with executive management and knowledge management leadership to integrate IT knowledge management into overall business processes and strategies.
- Oversee the selection, implementation, and maintenance of IT tools, platforms, and applications relevant to knowledge management, such as knowledge repositories, collaboration tools, and document management systems. Ensure the security, scalability, and accessibility of IT systems supporting knowledge management functions.
- Evaluate and integrate AI innovations into Institutional Knowledge Management (IKM) efforts.
- Utilize data analytics and visualization tools to develop reports, dashboards, and visualizations that provide insights into knowledge management efforts and IT operations.
- Gather requirements from stakeholders to design and implement relevant reporting solutions.
- Ensure data accuracy, integrity, and availability, and establish mechanisms for ongoing monitoring and data quality improvement.
- Design and implement processes and methodologies to capture, document, and organize knowledge from various sources within the organization.
- Develop a self-service data-discovery model.
- Establish mechanisms for efficient and effective knowledge acquisition, including knowledge capture templates, taxonomies, and metadata standards.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to develop guidelines and best practices for knowledge documentation and organization.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, including knowledge management teams, IT departments, and business units, to understand their knowledge management needs and align IKM IT services accordingly and act as a liaison between College of Medicine IT, Division of IT, and other departments, facilitating knowledge management integration and adoption.
- Performs related duties as required or directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field and six (6) years of related experience or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field and four (4) years of related experience.
- In-depth knowledge of IT systems, infrastructure, and information management.
- Strong understanding of knowledge management principles, methodologies, and best practices.
- Experience in developing reports, dashboards, and data visualizations using data analytics and visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Oracle Analytics, or similar platforms.
- Experience working with Azure Synapse Analytics or comparable technology.
- Proficiency in SQL and data querying for report generation and data analysis.
- Familiarity with data modeling, data governance, and data quality principles.
- Hands-on experience with data warehousing concepts, methodologies, and technologies.
- Ability to design and optimize data structures, data integration workflows, and ETL processes.
- Strong project management skills, capable of managing multiple initiatives simultaneously.
To apply, please visit us on-line at https://hr.fiu.edu/careers/, click on “Prospective Employees” or “Current Employees” and search for job opening ID 530528.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access, Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.