Academy Trainer - 2 Positions Available in IdahoFamily Resource Training Center
Posting Extended. Need applications for positions located in Coeur
d' Alene and in Boise, Idaho.
The College of Social Sciences Social Work at Eastern Washington
University and Family Resource and Training Center (FRTC) invites
applications for three full-time Academy Trainers for the Child Welfare
The FRTC is the physical center that supports Idaho children and families
through partnering work between the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare
(IDHW) and the Division of Family and Community Services (FACS) and
Eastern Washington University (EWU); and Eastern Washington children
and families through partnering work between Washington State Department
of Social and Health Services (DSHS) and Eastern Washington University
Under the direction of the Lead Trainer, the three Academy Trainers will
provide Academy, In-service, and other training opportunities for the staff of
the Department of Health and Welfare and provide on-the-job-training
through modeling, mentoring, and coaching of new Department employees
within a specified region. Responsibilities are focused on training,
collaboration, and feedback.
We are filling positions in Boise and in Coeur d' Alene. These positions will
require the selected candidates to travel as needed to fulfill the position job
duties, up to 10% of work time approximately. Travel will occur throughout
the state of Idaho and could include multi-day/overnight trips. Travel will be
required for supervision, training purposes, and multi-day conferences.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide Academy (new-hire/on-boarding) training for Department
* Provide In-Service training as requested for Department employees.
* Mentor new Department staff through modeling, collaboration, and
coaching for Region 2.
* Attend meetings and training as requested.
* Collaboration for curriculum development.
* Build relationships with community partners and engage them in training
opportunities as they arise.
* Assess and provide feedback to Department supervisors regarding
employee engagement and retention/application of training material.
* Build and maintain relationships with Department staff.
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20
minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus,
University we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional
teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington
State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane
the area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater,
shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a
small town, and high-quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its
faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening
sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington
University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and
applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are
These are 100% administrative exempt positions funded under a grant
contract. Continuation of the position is contingent on availability of contract
Positions are located in Coeur d' Alene and in Boise, Idaho
This position will require the selected candidate to travel as needed to
fulfill the position job duties, up to 10% of work time approximately. Travel
will occur throughout the state of Idaho, and could include multi-
day/overnight trips. Travel will be required for supervision, training
purposes, and multi-day conferences. Use of the personal vehicle is reimbursed
at the approved rate per Idaho State Travel Policy and Procedures in effect
on the date of travel.
To obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis form, which describes
the physical and mental demands associated with this position, please
contact the Office of Human Resources at 509-359-2381 or via email to:
Qualifications * BSW
* At least five years of child welfare experience.
* Experience in training.
* Demonstrated knowledge and abilities in all of the following:
- Knowledge of curriculum development.
- Knowledge of the foster care system.
- Flexibility to provide services as requested by the Department.
- Positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with
supervisor, college staff, Department of Health and Welfare, and community
- Ability to engage and foster a connection with attendees during training.
- Ability to learn various platforms and modalities to conduct training.
Required licensing and other required abilities:
* Valid Driver's License, insurance, and reliable transportation; traveling
required (mileage reimbursed).
* Ability to pass a criminal background check.
Additionally, all employees are expected to demonstrate the ability to apply a
a culturally responsive and flexible approach that is supportive of the diverse
needs, including universal access, of our students, faculty, staff, and the
* Be a current State of Idaho Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW).
* Understand the responsibilities associated with the child welfare systems.
* Have knowledge of clinical treatment.
* Have experience working with foster care children.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/28xrs5kd2y9xdkzs