Executive DirectorElko Convention Center
POSITION TITLE: Executive Director
DMO: Elko Convention and Visitors Authority
Classification: Full Time / Exempt
Reports To: ECVA Board of Directors
Application Deadline: Open until filled
The Elko Convention and Visitors Authority is seeking candidates for the position of Executive Director. The Executive Director is the Chief Executive Officer responsible to the Board for all administrative, financial, marketing and operational activities of the Authority for the Elko Convention Center and the Elko Conference Center. With a 2018 / 2019 Fiscal budget of $4.7 million dollars, the Executive Director oversees and is responsible for Special Events, Outdoor Recreation Opportunities, Convention Marketing and Tourism promotions for the Elko Convention Center, Conference Center and the Elko area.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in business, marketing or industry related field.
- Four years of progressive growth and experience in the tourism industry,including convention sales, marketing, special events, public relations and facility management.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Keen understanding of event promotions, marketing strategies and experience working with a Board of Directors and organizational management.
- Salary negotiable depending on qualifications and experience. Comprehensive benefit package provided. Starting salary range will be from $90,000 - $100,000 annually.
See www.ExploreElko.com for a complete job description and application.
Send completed application, cover letter and resume to:
Elko Convention Center
700 Moren Way
Elko, Nevada 89801