Heyburn, ID Full time
Posted on April 25, 2018
Works under the general supervision, performs a variety of skilled welding tasks in the manufacture and repair of potato harvesting and handling equipment.
- Must have knowledge of welding methods, practices, tools and equipment that is used in the manufacture and repair of potato harvesting and handling equipment.
- Must have immediate knowledge of stick, MIG and TIG welding procedures.
- Must have available personal equipment such as, but not limited to: a welding helmet, leather protective coverlets and some personal welding tools.
- Must have the ability to operate cutting torches, saws, presses, hoists, grinders, buffers, and related power an hand tools and equipment.
- Must be able to read and interpret diagrams and blueprints for fabrication assignments.
- Must be able to incorporate Double L safety measures in work a day performance.
- Must learn know to use overhead crane, wire feed weld system, how to set a spark barrier, safety cones and other traffic control devices.
- Ability to read and interpret manuals, specifications and drawings, use shop mathematics to make calculations.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with factory engineers, parts department personnel and metal fabricators.
- While performing the duties of a welder, an employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms. The welder is frequently required to walk, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel and crouch.
- The welder must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee regularly works in a factory setting with loud noise levels.
- Must be able to understand production responsibility to maximize throughput and quality.
- Beginning wages based on entry-level education, knowledge and skill sets.