Assistant Professor (2 positions) in Information Systems
The Department of Information Systems in the Monte Ahuja College of Business at Cleveland State University is seeking applications for two full-time, tenure track Assistant Professor positions. Start date: August 21, 2023. CSU is committed to academic excellence and diversity within the faculty, staff, and student body. CSU is striving to be a nationally recognized and student focused public research institution that provides accessible, affordable, and Engaged Learning opportunities for all.
Assistant Professors teach information systems courses at the graduate and undergraduate level at on-campus and off-campus locations and online. The typical teaching load is 16 credit hours per academic year. Perform and publish scholarly research in the discipline. Participate in department, college, university, and professional service activities.
The Department of Information Systems has fifteen full-time faculty members and offers courses at the undergraduate, masters, and doctoral level. The department offers a Master of Information Systems, and majors within the undergraduate and doctoral programs. The department has active researchers who have published in top-tier IS journals.
Information Systems is housed within the Monte Ahuja College of Business. The college employs over 60 full-time faculty members and serves over 3,000 students. All programs are AACSB accredited at both the graduate and undergraduate levels.
- Doctoral degree in Information Systems (IS) or related discipline;
- ABD will be considered but will be hired as instructor until degree completion;
- Degree must be completed by July 1, 2023; and
- Evidence of scholarly activity and collegiate teaching experience. Candidates should have solid knowledge of information systems, e.g., systems analysis & design, database, networks, security, etc.)
- Evidence of substantial scholarship and teaching excellence;
- Research and teaching interests that align with the department’s objectives and ability to teach courses consistent with the departments teaching requirements;
- All areas of information systems research will be considered. While all areas are welcome, we are particularly interested in candidates in the areas of artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, blockchain, data science (including image processing, speech recognition), and human centered computing (including information visualization, human computer interaction). Strong candidates from other areas will also be considered.
Applications will be exclusively accepted online at https://hrjobs.csuohio.edu/postings/18565. Mailed or emailed application materials will not be accepted. Preference will be given to applications received by January 1, 2023. Please contact Dr. Charles McElroy, PhD, Chair of the Search Committee, at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
The following documents must be submitted:
- Cover Letter addressing the position qualifications;
- Curriculum Vita;
- Evidence of teaching experience (e.g. course evaluations);
- List of courses taught;
- Sample Publications;
- Research Statement;
- Teaching Statement;
- Unofficial Transcripts;
- Diversity Statement explaining your experience serving diverse students and how you will make a positive contribution to CSU’s diverse community;
- Contact information for three references (names, addresses, telephone numbers, email)
Cleveland State University is an urban campus serving a racially, culturally, and economically diverse student body. Diversity is extremely important to CSU. Explain your experience serving diverse students and how you will make a positive contribution to CSU’s inclusive community. For applicants who have not yet had the opportunity for such experience, note how your work will contribute to CSU’s commitment to diversity and mission as an urban serving university.
CSU is an urban university with more than 15,000 students located in the heart of Cleveland, OH. According to the Brookings Institution, CSU is No. 18 in the U.S. among public universities that fulfill a critical dual mission: providing upward mobility and conducting impactful research. CSU is the only Ohio university in the top tier of the Brookings list. For additional information about the city of Cleveland, see https://www.thisiscleveland.com/
Hire is contingent upon the maintenance of existing levels of funding from the State of Ohio. Offer of employment is contingent on satisfactory completion of the University’s verification of credentials (including evidence of a Ph.D.) and other information required by law and/or University policies or practices, including but not limited to a criminal background check.
It is the policy of Cleveland State University to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran, or genetic information.
Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with qualifications.