Hospital Pharmacy Technician
With over 45 years of experience in helping hundreds of hospital and outpatient pharmacies, we provide access to best practice strategies and tactics to control costs, improve workflow and enhance safety. Cardinal Health Innovative Delivery Solutions is one of the largest employers of acute-care pharmacist in the United States. Cardinal Health is the employer of choice for pharmacists because we offer a variety of career opportunities in pharmacy leadership, clinical specialties, remote order entry, business management, medication therapy management and more.
Cardinal Health manages the pharmacy at St John's Medical Center in Jackson, WY and we are currently recruiting for a Full Time Pharmacy Technician.
Schedule: 40 hours/wk, facility open M-F 6:30a-6, Sat. 7a-noon. Working 10 hour shifts, will rotate days with other technicians. 1 Saturday per month
Our Pharmacy Technicians demonstrate working knowledge of the policies and procedures regarding procurement, storage, preparation and delivery of pharmaceuticals in hospitals and health system settings. The successful candidate may process physician orders for review by a pharmacist and pick and prepare medications or supplies under pharmacist review. They will also restock supplies and medications, deliver supplies and medications, procure supplies and medications following standard purchasing guidelines and provide feedback on the stock level and on inventory control and delivery processes.
Our Pharmacy Technicians are also skilled in own work area within an analytical/scientific method or operational process area. They will also expand skills and techniques in one skill area/process/method and maintain appropriate licenses/training/certifications, as needed. The successful candidate will apply knowledge and skills to complete assigned tasks within own area and work within established SOPs and/or scientific methods and adheres to quality guidelines while working with a moderate degree of supervision.
- May assist the Pharmacist in filling prescription orders, as permitted by the Wyoming Boards of Pharmacy
- IV Compounding
- Handle doctor calls, faxes and medication deliveries
- Organizes medications for pharmacist to dispense by profiling prescriptions; preparing labels and calculating quantities
- Maintains a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Takes inventory, places orders, checks in drugs and supplies, stocks shelves and removes out-of-date items from the inventory
- Communicates with all customers (patients, clinics, care-givers, physicians) in a pleasant and professional manner
- Other duties as assigned
- High school degree or equivalent
- Wyoming Pharmacy Technician certification preferred
- If not certified, must be willing to obtain Technician in Training License.
- National pharmacy technician certification (PTCB) Preferred
- IV Certification Preferred or willing to train
- In-patient hospital pharmacy experience highly preferred
- Flexibility in working schedule
- Ability to work well in a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong customer service skills required
- Comfortable performing repetitive motions/tasks is required
- Ability to manage several tasks at the same time; Ability to focus on tasks ; Ability to evaluate operating conditions ; Ability to exercise sound judgment
- Demonstrated ability to use technology such as computers, smart phones and tablets
Anticipated hourly range: $22.20 per hour - $31.69 per hour
Bonus eligible: No
Benefits: Cardinal Health offers a wide variety of benefits and programs to support health and well-being.
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Paid time off plan
- Health savings account (HSA)
- 401k savings plan
- Access to wages before pay day with myFlexPay
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Work-Life resources
- Paid parental leave
- Healthy lifestyle programs
Application window anticipated to close: 01/29/2024 *if interested in opportunity, please submit application as soon as possible.
What is expected of you and others at this level
Applies acquired knowledge and skills to complete standard tasks.
Readily learns and applies new information and methods to work in assigned area.
Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications.
Works on routine assignments that require some problem resolution.
Works within clearly defined standard operating procedures and/or scientific methods.
Adheres to all quality guidelines.
Works under moderate degree of supervision.
Work typically involves regular review of output by work lead or supervisor.
Refers complex unusual problems to supervisor.
Covid-19 vaccination is required in order to be employed in this position. This includes either:
- 2 doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine
- 1 dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine
Please Note: vaccines may be required for the position subject to federal, state and/or customer requirements
Candidates who are back-to-work, people with disabilities, without a college degree, and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.