Plant Maintenance Technician and/or Apprentice Position
$35k - $55K annually varies with experience
Contact Information: Boise Cold Storage, 495 S. 15th Boise, id 83702, 208-344-8477
Maintenance mechanic possessing the ability and/or ability to train up on the job to troubleshoot, and repair ice packaging process on form fill and seal equipment. Also assist in maintaining compressors, condensers, and defrost processes in an ammonia-cooled facility. Assist the lead Plant Maintenance manager as needed.
The ideal candidate is mechanically minded, a team player, and self-motivated with good follow-through and communication. Typical operation hours Mon-Fri daytime shift, as needed on a project basis.
Ensure proper production process is followed meeting production needs on time.
Performs diagnostics and provides appropriate repairs and assistance as necessary.
Ensures operation of plant equipment and machinery by safely performing preventive maintenance to engines, motors, tools, and other plant machinery.
Assists in maintaining refrigeration systems and regular defrost processes within the plant.
Communicates finding and repair work with lead Tech and Plant Management timely.
Participation in all safety training and projects.
Assistance in adherence to all compliance inspections etc. Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 12 months experience with mechanical/electrical maintenance
- Familiarity with tools, power tools, and equipment
- Preferred forklift experience
- Knowledge of mechanical systems
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong team and collaboration skills
- Ability to stand/walk/traverse plant during the workday, including balance/climbing ladders if needed.
- Ability to work in cold rooms with cold gear provided
- Ability to lift at least 40 pounds
Benefits: Paid vacation - Health and Dental Insurance – Overtime wages available over 40hr