Assistant Route Dispatcher
Anxious to find a positive energetic go-getter. We are looking for a year-round full time salaried position assisting in management of day to day delivery operations and ice events in Boise, ID. This position must be able to work flexible hours, including some weekends, and to perform field visits locally as needed during the peak season of May 1 – September 1. Salary to start 40k-60k depending on candidates experience and skills.
Assisting in Key Responsibilities:
Supervise, train and maintain the driver teams including equipment and delivery training, appearance, and effectiveness. All local routes and staff.
Manage/schedule 14-16 local delivery drivers with 12-14 trucks
Coordinating deliveries to regular customers.
Ensure events are supplied with ice by staff as needed functioning as a point of contact for needed products/services at such events.
Work closely with all company department to ensure customer needs are met as well as aide in meeting company objectives.
Maintain effective working relationships and effectively communicate on matters pertaining to operations
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 6 months experience as team leader or supervisor in route logistics
- A current & valid driver’s license, preferred a valid and current CDL, class A or B
- Familiarity of trucks and equipment
- Preferred forklift experience
- Knowledge of Treasure Valley for routing purposes
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds
- Outstanding communication skills with a team player orientation
- Strong consultative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Self-starter and positive leadership