BHS Head Football CoachBaker School District
Baker School District - 5J
BHS Head Football Coach
NOTICE OF POSITION OPENING: IN/OUT OF DISTRICT
Date Open: May 29, 2019
• Baker School District is currently seeking a candidate for the BHS Head Football Coach.
➢ For potential additional Certified and Classified positions open, please see
• High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED).
• Prior coaching experience.
• Hold valid CPR/First Aid card, Oregon Driver License, Type 10 & Type 15 Driver License, Coaching
Certification through the National Federation of High Schools and/or the American Sport Education
Program (high school only), or the ability to obtain these certifications & licenses. Provide and pay for outof-state driving record if required by the District.
• Complete District approved SafeSchools.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Instructs and demonstrates skill sets and techniques necessary for individual and team achievement.
• Ensures that all student athletes are eligible, insured, have paid their fees and are in good physical
condition from the beginning to the end of the season.
• Inform all members of his/her squad of the athletic handbook which contains coaches’ expectations,
philosophy, rules, schedules and sportsmanship that pertain to eligibility, training and squad membership.
• Ensures that appropriate rules and regulations regarding the conduct and eligibility of athletic activities and
athletes are explained and followed.
• Enforces discipline policies and emphasizes sportsmanship and healthy lifestyles.
• Travels and supervises student athletes on the team bus both to and from games or practices.
• Supervises students in locker rooms at home and away games/meets and ensures appropriate behavior.
• Schedule a parent meeting at the beginning of each season to review expectations of the program.
• Hold an awards program at completion of each season.
• Follows and maintains knowledge of District policy(ies) and procedures relevant to this position, including
adherence to all financial policies of the District in regard to the collection and disbursement of money,
expenses, and receipts.
• Follows OSAA policies and procedures.
• Insure that all players are treated with respect, and adhere to all district policies related to sports and
• Insure that all referees, officials, and/or umpires be treated with respect by all coaches and players.
• Works with the Athletic Director in preparing practice and game/meet schedules.
• Confirms transportation times with Athletic Director.
• Consults with Athletic Director regarding any off-season training programs.
• Meets deadlines in submitting athlete rosters, any changes to student information on the roster, inventories,
final season statistics and alphabetical list of award winners to the Athletic Director.
• Maintains a safe environment and facilities for student athletes at all times. Ensures that medical and safety
requirements are adhered to.
• Maintains necessary records and completes required paperwork in a specified time and manner.
• Ensures that proper form(s) (insurance, attendance, medical) are obtained and current.
• Completes District injury report for any student injured within 24 hours, even if student athlete does not see
• Appropriately maintains and secures confidential records and inquiries.
• Assigns duties to all assistant coaches and insures a certified coach is present at all practices and
• Attends or delegates attendance of Assistant Coach to all league coaches meetings.
• Reports and secures approval from the Athletic Director of all adults associated with their sport.
• Ensures that proper cleaning, storage, and maintenance of all athletic equipment and uniforms and
updated inventories are adhered to. Collects all equipment/uniforms at the end of the season.
Baker School District is an equal opportunity educator and employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of race,
color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, disability, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, culture and/or financial
• Dresses in a professional manner during contests and public functions.
• Coaches may be personally responsible for any fines levied against Baker School District as a result of
• Professionally represents the school and the District in all interactions with students, staff, parents, fellow
coaches, officials, community, and the media.
• Maintains appropriate certifications and training hours as required.
• Attends work regularly and is punctual.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
BAKER SCHOOL DISTRICT is currently accepting applications for a Head Football Coach. Closing Date is June 14, 2019, at 4:00 p.m. For More Information & Apply Online at https://www.baker5jcareers.org/current-job-openings