Systems Engineer, Infrastructure; Requisition Number S1686P
The central Office of Information Technology is seeking applicants for the role of Infrastructure Systems Engineer.
About Auburn: At Auburn, our work changes lives. Ranked by U.S. News and World Report as a premier public institution, Auburn University is dedicated to shaping the future of the people of Alabama, the nation, and the world through forward-thinking education, life-enhancing research, scholarship and selfless service. Auburn is nationally recognized for its commitment to academic excellence, community outreach, positive work environment, student engagement, and thriving community.
Why employees choose Auburn: Auburn University was named by Forbes Magazine as one of the state of Alabama’s best employers, with employees staying an average of ten years. Employees enjoy competitive benefits that include top-notch health insurance, generous retirement plans, tuition assistance for employees and dependents, flexible spending accounts and more!
Learn more about Auburn’s impact, generous employee benefits, and thriving community by visiting aub.ie/working-at-auburn.
Our Commitment: Auburn University is committed to a diverse and inclusive campus environment. Visit www.auburn.edu/inclusion to learn more about our commitment to expanding equity and inclusion for all.
Some positions at Auburn University may be eligible for hybrid work schedules and are subject to change or transition to a full-time on-site schedule at any time.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Providing Microsoft Server operating system configuration and maintenance for a number of physical and virtual servers in an Active Directory domain environment
- Using industry standard monitoring tools to identify and remediate security vulnerabilities on an on-going basis
- Working with VMware, Hyper-V and cloud based platforms
- Working with software vendors to provide support for third-party applications hosted on Windows servers
- Defining and documenting best practices and support procedures
In addition, this position will work closely with both IT personnel and end-users from a number of different disciplines and backgrounds. After-hours and on-call responsibilities should be expected.
Education Level: High school diploma or equivalent for entry level
Years of Experience: 5 years
Minimum Skills and Abilities
Candidates for this position must have demonstrated experience and success working both in a collaborative team environment and independently. This position requires excellent interpersonal communication skills. Candidates must also be skilled at organizing, prioritizing, and managing multiple concurrent tasks and/or projects.
Minimum Technology Skills
Required skills include:
- Microsoft Windows Server administration and configuration management
- VMware and Hyper-V administration
- Experience working in a Microsoft Active Directory domain environment, including implementing user and computer Group Policy Objects
Desired qualifications for this position include an earned degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or a related field from an accredited institution. Other desired qualifications include a working knowledge of one or more of the following:
- Experience administering a Dev/Prod environment consisting of Qlik Sense Enterprise for Windows, Qlik NPrinting Engine, Qlik Nprinting
- Experience managing third party applications in a complex environment
- Experience with Virtual Machine Provisioning, Management and Backup
- Experience proactively monitoring server infrastructure for capacity, utilization and performance thresholds
Auburn University is committed to an inclusive and diverse campus environment. Women, underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Quick Link for Internal Postings: https://www.auemployment.com/postings/29725