Traffic Management Center OperatorAda County Highway District
Traffic Management Center Operator
Applications are now being accepted for a part-time Traffic Management Center (TMC) Operator in the Congestion Management Department at Ada County Highway District. Starting wage range is $14.74 - $16.94 per hour, DOQ. This position works 25 hours per week, from 1:30 - 6:30 p.m., Monday - Friday.
This position includes an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation, holidays, and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- The TMC Operator will be responsible for monitoring ACHD closed circuit television cameras, emergency scanners, and a computer-aided dispatch (CAD) system as well as making appropriate emergency calls as needed.
- The incumbent will be responsible for logging incidents into a computer database and placing messages on arterial street Dynamic Message Signs.
- Must have a good knowledge of computer operating systems and database software, traffic laws and regulations, traffic safety and traffic safety procedures, and Traffic Management Center or dispatch center operations.
- Must have the ability to prepare clear, concise, and comprehensive reports for administrative and technical issues as well as communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Experience in control center operations or law enforcement dispatching is preferred. Possession of a valid Idaho driver's license is required.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, abilities, may be acceptable.
A completed ACHD Employment Application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources by 4:30 p.m. on June 6, 2018. Applications are available at 3775 Adams Street in Garden City, or on our website at www.achdidaho.org
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations