Ada County Highway District is now accepting applicants for Seasonal/Temporary positions to work with our road maintenance crews. Looking for individuals who have a strong work ethic and want to give back to their community!
Pavement Marking/Striping Crew (also called Paint Crew)
April - October
Hours: Monday – Thursday from 6 am to 4:30 pm also 3am – 1:30pm; 10-hr days.
Hourly wage: $19.00/Hour
- Must be able to work with the same partner every day and are responsible for the care and upkeep of a District 1-Ton Truck.
- Use airless equipment and pavement marking stencils to paint on the roads railroad crossing markings, stop bars, school crossing markings, pedestrian crossing markings and crosswalks, bike path markings or any other special markings that the crew has a work order to complete.
- Clean paint stencils on a weekly basis and troubleshoot and possibly repair simple things in the field.
- Must be self-motivated, have a strong work ethic, willing to take direction on processes and procedures & able to work outdoors in the heat of the summer independently.
- Must be able to walk up to 10-miles a day in the Right-of-Way and middle of traffic.
Chip Sealing with Maintenance (Adams or Cloverdale locations)
May - September
Hours: Monday – Thursday from 7am- 5:30pm; Overtime may be expected.
Hourly wage: $19.00/Hour
- Must be self-motivated, have a strong work ethic, willing to take direction on processes and procedures & able to independently work outdoors in the heat.
- Work harmoniously with the same crew each day
- Care for and maintain District 1-ton trucks and related Chip Seal equipment
- Rake and shovel chips and oil to ensure coverage of edges, corners, and sewer access holes where equipment cannot reach
- May operate roller to assist with chip seal efforts
- May knock on doors to get cars moved to advance chip seal efforts
- Troubleshoot and repair simple equipment issues when able
- Walk up to 10 miles per day while in moving traffic and the Right-of-Way
- Safely work around moving construction equipment such as dump trucks and chip spreaders
CDL Drivers – Dump Truck and Sweeper Truck
Seasonal up to 8 months
Full-time 7am- 5:30pm, 4/10’s
Enjoy 3 day weekends!
- Safely operate a 10-wheel dump truck on city streets
- Safely operate sweeper trucks throughout Ada County
- Provide support for the highway district broom crew and chip seal program
- Must have a valid Class A CDL license with a good driving record
- Medical card NOT REQUIRED
- Must have 10-wheel dump truck experience
- City street CDL driving experience preferred
- Able to lift/carry up to 35 pounds.
May - August
Hours: Monday - Thursday 7:00am – 5:30pm, 10-hour shifts
Hourly wage is $15.00/Hour
- This crew delivers educational material door to door informing citizens of upcoming clip seal work in the area.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with a good driving record
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Must be able to walk several miles a day in outdoor weather conditions
- Must be able to lift/carry 35-50 pounds on a regular basis
To apply, a completed Seasonal/Temporary Position Interest Form is required (not an ACHD employment application), which must be submitted to ACHD's Human Resources for the selection process. This position will remain open until filled.
Seasonal/Temporary Interest Forms are available at ACHD’s main Administrative Office at 3775 Adams Street, Garden City Idaho, or at www.achdidaho.org.
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulation