Leadworker – Vegetation CrewAda County Highway District
Leadworker – Vegetation Crew
Applications are now being accepted for the position of Leadworker on the Vegetation Crew in the Cloverdale Maintenance Department at Ada County Highway District. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a starting pay range $21.58 - $24.81 per hour, DOQ.
This position includes an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation, holidays, and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- Under general supervision, the Leadworker will perform skilled work as it relates to tree trimming, shoulder mowing, and weed removal activities.
- Will coordinate and/or operate winter maintenance equipment for plowing, sanding, and deicing the roads.
- The Leadworker assists with the direction of work for the crew and may act as Crew Chief in their absence. The Leadworker is required to be part of an “on-call” rotation year round.
- Must have a current Idaho Class “A” CDL license. If CDL license is from another state, must be able to obtain an Idaho CDL by start of employment and must obtain a tanker endorsement within 30 days of employment.
- The successful candidate must have previous supervisory experience and the ability to operate all equipment associated with the performance of assigned tasks. Experience with customer service is a must.
- Must have considerable knowledge of inherent hazards and safety precautions necessary for maintenance and construction work and equipment.
- A certified Arborist is preferred, or the ability to obtain a license within 12 months is required.
- The incumbent must respond to 24-hour emergency call-out as needed.
- Must be able to pass a background check and fingerprinting through the Ada County Sheriff’s Office.
- Any combination of education, training or experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities, is acceptable.
A completed ACHD Employment application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources by 4:30 p.m. on May 30, 2018. Applications are available at 3775 Adams; Garden City, ID 83714 or on our website at www.achdidaho.org
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations