Apply Now

General Equipment Operator – Broom Crew

Ada County Highway District
Garden City, ID Full-time
Posted on September 19, 2019

General Equipment Operator – Grade Crew


Ada County Highway District is now accepting applications for a General Equipment Operator on the Grade Crew at the Adams Maintenance location in the Boise, Idaho area. This is a full-time position with a starting wage range of $17.83 -$20.50 per hour, DOQ.


ACHD offers an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).

Primary Responsibilities:

 Under general supervision of the Crew Chief, the primary duty of this position is to perform skilled work and operate light- to heavy-duty maintenance equipment which includes dump truck, water truck, roller, loader, jackhammer, as well as winter maintenance equipment for plowing, sanding, and deicing the roads.
 This position will repair and replace asphalt on the roadways, including potholes, trench repairs, shoulder repairs, chipsealing, cracksealing, and other road maintenance.
 Responding to winter weather conditions and other emergencies is an essential function of this position and may require working outside of normal work hours.


 Must have a current Idaho Class A CDL license. If license is from another state, must be able to obtain an Idaho CDL by start of employment. Must obtain a tanker endorsement within 30 days of employment.
 Experience driving/operating dump truck and loader is required.
 Knowledge of chipsealing, cracksealing, and other road maintenance techniques is preferred.
 Any combination of education, training or experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be acceptable.

A completed ACHD Employment application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources by 4:30 p.m., October 2, 2019. Applications are available at 3775 Adams St.; Garden City, ID 83714 or on our website at


An AA/EEO/ADA Employer

Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations