Electronic Signal TechnicianAda County Highway District
Electronic Signal Technician
Applications are now being accepted for an Electronic Signal Technician in the Traffic Operations Division at Ada County Highway District in the Boise, Idaho area. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a starting wage range of $19.62 - $22.55 per hour, DOQ.
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package which includes medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- The Electronic Signal Technician performs technical duties associated with the installation, maintenance, and repair of complex electronics, electrical, and communication equipment.
- Will maintain, repair, and modify digital and analog electrical systems, traffic controllers, detectors, amplifiers, multiplex communication equipment, and electromechanical traffic control equipment in the shop and field using software systems, electronic testing equipment, and digital meters. Locates and marks underground signal facilities for utilities and construction projects.
- Must be able to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with utility representatives, the general public, and other district employees.
- Able to assure completion of all documentation of daily activities as required.
- Subject to 24-hour emergency on-call duty for a 7-day week on a rotating schedule.
- Must possess an active Idaho State Journeyman Electrical License, or be actively enrolled in an accredited program.
- Requires good knowledge of electrical systems and peripheral equipment, computers and operating systems, logic circuits with integrated circuit and discrete component design, binary math, and Boolean algebra.
- Requires extensive experience in the field of electronics involving traffic controllers, data communication equipment, logic processing equipment
- Experience in installing and maintaining electrical systems, and troubleshooting electronics is desired.
- Required to obtain an Idaho Class “B” CDL driver’s license within 90 days of hire.
- Any combination of education, training, or experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acceptable.
A completed application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources by 4:30 p.m., July 25, 2018. Applications are available at 3775 Adams St.; Garden City, ID 83714 or on our website at www.achdidaho.org.
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations