Development Services ManagerAda County Highway District
Development Services Manager
This position includes an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation
● The Development Services Manager is responsible for directing, supervising, and managing the activities of the Planning Review and Development Review sections, including supervision of section supervisors and support personnel.
● Supervises the preparation and management of the departmental budget; develops policies, procedures, and goals; participates in the development of District goals, policies, and procedures.
● Coordinates Development activities with other internal departments and attends Commission meetings to present projects and/or provide information.
● Requires prior management experience in a progressively responsible capacity in the areas of Development or Engineering.
● Comprehensive knowledge of principles, practices, and processes of design review, subdivision review, project planning and project management, civil engineering, and management/supervision.
● Good knowledge of surveying and construction design practices; street and drainage construction practices; transportation system costs and impact fee systems; right-of-way acquisition processes; contract management and administration.
● Ability to make clear and concise presentations at formal meetings, to plan and oversee financial management activities, to prepare and compile involved reports in a concise manner, and to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
● Degree in Engineering, Urban Planning, Business Management or related field is desired.
● Any combination of experience, education, and training which provides the required knowledge may be acceptable.
A completed ACHD Employment Application is required and must be submitted to Human Resource no later than 4:30 p.m. on April 24, 2019. Applications are available at 3775 Adams St.; Garden City, ID 83714 or on our website at www.achdidaho.org.